As a property owner, you may be very tempted to carry out roof repairs or maintenance tasks yourself; especially if you are confident in your DIY skills. Or perhaps you have been let down by other tradesmen in the past; by people who
- did not turn up on time,
- overcharged you,
- did not provide a quality service.
However, whether you need some basic roof repairs and maintenance or an entirely new roof fitted, it is vital that you do not take any chances with your roofing Residential Roofing tasks as getting it wrong can be very costly and troublesome.
You would not use a plasterer to install your new kitchen, would you? Whether you are need work carried out with your EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) rubber roofing or with your slate roofing, it would be very wise to only trust a professional roofer with all the right professional certifications and that comes with good recommendations.
The following are some of the key benefits of using a professional roofer:
- First and foremost the roofer will have all the necessary insurance in place; starting with public liability and professional indemnity.
- They will have all the relevant health and safety precautions in place in order to minimise damage to you and to your property. You could also safely expect them to carry out a risk assessment before they start any work. As a minimum, this risk assessment will check if the roofing work will have an effect on any existing plumbing, wiring, electricity or gas supplies.
- The roofing contractor will have the relevant experience and the certifications that are needed to complete the work to a high standard.
- The right roofer will have the necessary expertise to quickly and easily locate the root cause of your problem for any repair jobs. The last thing you could afford is someone spending a lot of your time and money to try and locate the issue through trial and error.
- If the roof or related areas are in disrepair, the professional roofer will establish what repair work needs to be carried out, including areas that need maintenance or replacement.
- When the roofing activities are complete, the roofer will take away any related waste. You would also expect them to, then, dispose of the materials in a sustainable manner or to somehow recycle them.
- Lastly, the roofing expert will not charge for giving you an estimate on what needs doing and how much it will cost.
Remember that not every roofer offers the same service or provides the same quality. Make sure that you choose a roofing company that has a proven track record and good recommendations.